To ensure that high quality students major in cybersecurity, HAIC has set up a scholarship program for top incoming MSc students choosing to specialize in cybersecurity at Aalto University and University of Helsinki. HAIC scholars are funded by donations from HAIC donors and supporters as well as financial aid from the universities. The total number and type of HAIC scholarships awarded yearly depends on the magnitude of donations received that year.
HAIC will select several HAIC scholars from top applicants admitted to the
- Master’s Programme in Computer, Communication and Information Sciences – Major Security and Cloud Computing
- SECCLO – Master’s programme in Security and Cloud Computing (Erasmus Mundus)
- Master’s Programme in Computer Science
Living cost scholarships
- A HAIC scholar will receive generous financial aid in the form of living cost scholarships donated by HAIC donors and supporters.
- All students applying to the Master’s Programme in Computer, Communication and Information Sciences – Major Security and Cloud Computing will be considered for HAIC scholar positions.
Participation cost scholarships
- For SECCLO, HAIC offers also participation costs scholarships for self-funded EU/EEA students. Applicants may apply for HAIC scholar positions in the SECCLO application form (tick in the application form “I want to apply for other possible SECCLO scholarships, if available).
HAIC Mobility Scholarships
- To support the international mobility of computer science students at Aalto University School of Science and especially studies in cybersecurity field, HAIC offers an additional 500€ mobility scholarship on top of Aalto exchange scholarship for one semester exchange studies. The HAIC mobility scholarship can be applied in student exchange application rounds. More information at: https://www.aalto.fi/en/other-studies/exchange-studies#0-information-about-exchange-studies
In addition to above mentioned HAIC scholarship schemes, the following Master’s programmes offer scholarships for top applicants:
- Master’s Programme in Computer, Communication and Information Sciences – Major Security and Cloud Computing: Aalto University scholarships for CCIS applicants majoring in Security and Cloud Computing may cover 50% or 100% of the tuition fee (if applicable, more information here.)
- SECCLO – Master’s Programme in Security and Cloud Computing: SECCLO provides generous Erasmus Mundus scholarships covering the participation cost, living allowance, and mobility costs. In 2020, we expect to award about 20 SECCLO scholarships.
- Master’s Programme in Computer Science – “Networking and Services” subprogramme: University of Helsinki scholarships for Master’s programme in Computer Science, “Networking and Services” study line may cover full or part of the tuition fee (exact percentage to be confirmed).